New York

New York

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Week 52

October 5, 2016
Wednesday, Day 358
Day 345 in NY

PDAY!!

Today we woke up at 6am we were planning on going to the church to play sports like the Spanish Elders said we would. We got up and we're putting our shoes on to head out the door when they texted us and said "abort, we will not be playing sports this morning!" So we stayed home, I sat back on the couch and closed my eyes, the other 2 Elders, Elder Hoskins and Elder Rocha went upstairs to work out. At 6:30 I got up and went upstairs and worked out till 7am.  Elder Rocha is from Spain and is learning to speak English, he speaks really well but during companionship study he said he would like to study deeper vocabulary. For some random reason he wanted to study financial terms. So both Elder Hoskins and I gave him 15 words together that he could learn. When we finished studies, we went to the store! Elder Hoskins hates driving and Elder Rocha doesn't have a license so he asked me to drive, so from now on I'm the DD lol. When we finished shopping we came home, our apartment has a washer and dryer so we don't need to worry about laundry. After putting away our groceries we went to the church to email. After an hour of that we drove over to meet the Spanish Elders at a park and played basketball, we had an appointment after so we stayed in our pros in stead of going home first to change. It was a pretty good Pday.

October 6, 2016
Thursday, Day 359
Day 346 in NY

This morning we went to a food pantry and did some service, I was going to meet with President again so I wore my suit and helped out till he showed up. After we left we had a wonderful day together. We went to the Stamford chapel and sat in the sacrament room and talked, after receiving news that I would need to return home for a short time to work on righting my wrongs. This was always a known consequence to me, but I’m still willing to do whatever it takes to make that true change. I accepted the fact that I would be returning home, but I know what I'm doing and I know it's the best thing for me. Shortly after we left the chapel and without knowing where we were going, President Smith and I drove for some time. We talked and talked it was really great, I'm so grateful for him. We came up to a McDonald's so we stopped in and had a late lunch. When we got back on the road we again drove for another long time, not knowing where we were going but just enjoying the feeling and conversation we were having. It must have been at least an hour and a half drive. But while responding to a question President Smith asked, he stopped me and said isn't that beautiful, pointing up to the left of where we were... The Hartford Connecticut Temple stood right before us… immediately my heart was filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy. This temple has just been opened up for a limited time to visitors. It's a month long open house. We together got to tour it for our first time, and it was absolutely beautiful. I learned a lot from him and from the Spirit.  After our temple tour we talked to some of the Sister missionaries from our mission who were actually on assignment to come serve at the temple open house. President Smith was talking to one of the companionships and needed to get their car and take it somewhere. So after leaving the temple, we drove to where their car was another half hour or so away. When we got to the chapel where their car was, President asked me to drive it and follow him home. He said to have a conversation with Heavenly Father and just talk about what's going on.  So for the 2 hour drive home to white plains NY I prayed aloud and just talked to my father in Heaven, seeking guidance and love.

Patience. Love. Faith

Much love,
Elder Newbold



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment