New York

New York

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Week 88

This week has truly been the best week of my mission! Transfers were on Tuesday! I received Elder Davis. Which you all know, but it’s just so exciting to say! Haha I’m sending my trainee home!! How many missionaries can say that? Lol 

Well just a quick update... Last week we set a baptismal date with D. The last time we met with him was Friday and he came into the room we were meeting in and he said, “I have something I need to get off my heart.” He sat down and we said feel free to share. He proceeded to tell us that he has truly enjoyed the fellowship he has been apart of here in the church, he has loved the meetings, and everything about the church, he said I will continue to join your services on Sundays, I will continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray, but I just don’t yet feel like it’s my calling to be baptized on December 23rd. We asked some questions to understand correctly what he meant by it being a calling. He just didn’t feel it was his time yet. Understanding that conversion is a process, we let him know we are here to help him in anyway we can to help him progress and receive his answer.

December 4th we were walking around our area, looking people up that we’ve never met and members we haven’t seen. One family lived pretty close to our apartment so on our way home that evening we stopped by. They were home, she looked familiar but I didn’t know her name. It was Sister M. She invited us in and we just introduced ourselves and got to meet her kids. She made us aware that her son is 8 and will need to be baptized. He’s a child of record, but we offered to come by and teach him to prepare him further. We asked about her day and she let it out, she said it’s been the worst day yet. Without details she just had a lot on her plate and tried to figure out her living situation, she needs to move soon. Before we left she asked for a blessing. As we left she was smiling and continued to thank us for coming by.

This week we also were able to meet with a referral we received a couple weeks ago. His names P and he’s from Ghana. We asked how he was led to find the church. His response was so awesome, he said, my friend in Ghana recently found The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and has loved it, he then referred me to it. So I went online and requested a free copy of the Book of Mormon. As we talked about the Book of Mormon we were led into teaching him the Restoration. At the end we invited him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by proper priesthood authority. He said, “Sure, I’ve never been baptized. I’ve been to church many times, but never been baptized.” He was excited and looked forward to our next visit.

It was a pretty great week full of some pretty great opportunities and miracles. I’ve been so blessed throughout my mission to have such wonderful companions and I’m very grateful for the blessing to serve with Elder Davis once again. He has truly blessed my life forever.

Patience. Love. Faith
Much love,

Elder Newbold

No comments:

Post a Comment