New York

New York

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 75


Hey Everyone, 

I'm sitting in my apartment and realized... I didn't keep a journal this week... due to transfers and my horrible memory, I have no clue what happened between last Wednesday and today.

So this will be a much different entry than y'all are used to. But it will have to do.

This week I know was similar, as every day in New Paltz seemed... service here and service there. 


The only thing that was different was that transfers were among us. Knowing that, and having been in New Paltz for 3 cycles and really feeling the need for change in my life, I expected a change. I expected to be transferred.

Saturday night we got the call! Elder Newbold, you are going to Kingsbridge and will continue to serve as a district leader, your companion will be Elder Patterson. I was pretty stoked!

Sunday was great! But sad! I had told President Cooper I'd be leaving. Unexpectedly in branch council he announced it, I wasn't sure how to tell Brother Hinds, because I knew it wouldn't be an easy thing to do. But President Cooper did it and soon after I felt brother Hinds from behind, nudge me... Asking when I found out? Where I'd be going? etc. Immediately he messaged his daughter and informed her... I spent some time in the halls while members came to make arrangements for final visits and pictures. Elder Wallace and I then planned the rest of the evening and all of tomorrow to visit each of the members to share a brief and final message, take a picture and exchange contact info.










Tuesday Morning I packed all my stuff and off to Ossining we drove. We got there at 11 and loaded my stuff into a U-Haul. Then we hung out with the other waiting missionaries till our companions and ride showed up. Elder Davis showed up after 12 and I got in the van with him, (White) Elder Davis, William Smith, Sister Ho, Sister Gill, and Sister Israelsen. We drove down to Inwood where we met at the chapel. I met my companion Elder Patterson talked with a few missionaries I hadn't seen in a bit and welcomed back an ASL missionary who had left to San Diego for part of his mission and just returned, (Elder Holt, he's a deaf Elder.) We hung out till the U-Haul pulled up. We grabbed my suitcases and fortunately the senior couple in our area offered to load my stuff in their car and drop it off for us! What a blessing!!! It was HOT and I would not have enjoyed dragging suitcases on and off subway cars.

When we got home we ate lunch and waited around for my stuff to get dropped off. Then we put my stuff inside my room and I packed some sports clothes. We went to the church and taught an investigator, IK (IK is his name). He's from Nigeria. We taught him about repentance and the sacrament. We invited him to continue reading the Book of Mormon and to come to church. It was a great lesson! Then we all played some basketball in the gym. We played 3-3, Elder Patterson, IK,
and I against Charles (a member in our ward) and Elders Clark and Matson. We headed home after the game and just chilled till we were ready for bed.

I'm pretty stoked to be in the Bronx again. I really look forward to the next few cycles I have left. Elder Patterson is a great guy! Great missionary! And I know we will have a great time together!

Peace out New Paltz, Welcome back to the Boogie Down Bronx!

Love you all!!
Patience. Love. Faith

Much love,
Elder Newbold



No comments:

Post a Comment